If you are looking for something that isn't here, email me.
"Beyond the Tech: Building Internet Freedom Tools for Real People"
"Automation and Improving Public Discourse on the Web."
- 05.30.12: Intel SCRUB Retreat. Half Moon Bay, CA.
"Deceiving Authorship Detection."
"The Wisdom of Machine Learning: Augmenting Social Computing with Artificial Intelligence."
- 11.11.11: CIS Systems Seminar Series at University of Pennsylvania Distributed Systems Laboratory, Philadelphia, PA. (Invited Talk)
- 06.09.11: Social Computational Systems Workshop at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN. (Doctoral Symposium)
"Adversarial Stylometry: Attacking Authorship Recognition to Preserve Privacy and Anonymity."
- 04.07.11: Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research at Indiana University, Bloomington, IN. (Invited Talk) [slides: pdf]
"Twitter, Slashdot, Imitation, Obfuscation, (and a little bit of) Regulation."
- 02.07.11: Department of Computing Sciences at Villanova University, Villanova, PA. (Invited Talk) [slides: pdf, ppt]
"Learning to Extract Quality Discourse in Online Communities."
- 07.11.10: WikiAI 2010. Atlanta, GA.
- 12.28.09: 26th Chaos Communication Congress. Berlin, Germany. [YouTube]
- 08.31.09: Agent Technology Center at Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic. (Invited Talk)
- 08.18.09: COSIC Research Group at K.U. Leuven, Belgium. (Invited Talk)
- 08.14.09: Hacking at Random 2009. Vierhouten, Netherlands. [YouTube (starts at 7:20)]
- 08.07.09: HotPETs 2009. Seattle, WA. [updated paper: pdf]
- "Managing Quality, Identity and Adversaries in Public Discourse with Machine Learning." Brennan. PhD Dissertation, 2012. [pdf]
- "Adversarial Stylometry: Circumventing Authorship Recognition to Preserve Privacy and Anonymity." Brennan/Afroz/Greenstadt. Adversarial Stylometry: Circumventing Authorship Recognition to Preserve Privacy and Anonymity. [pdf]
- "Perspectives on Academic Impact from Inside the Federal Trade Commission." Brennan. Hot Topics in Privacy Enhancing Technologies'12.
- "Detecting Hoaxes, Frauds, and Deception in Writing Style Online." Afroz/Brennan/Greenstadt. IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy '12.
- "Coalescing Twitter Trends: The Under-Utilization of Machine Learning in Social Media." Brennan/Greenstadt. IEEE SocialCom '11. [pdf]
- "Learning to Extract Quality Discourse in Online Communities." Brennan/Wrazien/Greenstadt. WikiAI '10. [pdf]
- "Using Machine Learning to Augment Collaborative Filtering of Community Discussions." Brennan/Wrazien/Greenstadt. AAMAS '10.
- "Mixed-Initiative Security Agents." Greenstadt/Afroz/Brennan. AISec '09. [pdf]
- "Practical Attacks Against Authorship Recognition Techniques." Brennan/Greenstadt. IAAI '09. [pdf]
- "Museum Hunt: a Computerized Eye-Tracking Game." Brennan/Lee/Hurewitz/Boucher. International Meeting for Autism Research '09.
- "An Adaptive Color Based Method for Robot Path Identification." Brennan. University of Delaware Senior Thesis '05.